ECONOMIST CONSIDERS NECESSARY TO IMPORT IRANIAN BUTADIENE FOR NAIRIT RELAUNCH

http://armenpress.am/eng/news/727748/economist-considers-necessary-to-import-iranian-butadiene-for-nairit-relaunch.html
16:32, 30 July, 2013

YEREVAN, JULY 30, ARMENPRESS: Armenia could come to an agreement with
Iran on importing butadiene from that country for Nairit Plant CJSC,
instead exporting chloroprene rubber. This was stated to Armenpress by
the Chairman of the Public Council's Committee on Financial-economic
and Budgetary Affairs and the Head of the Union of Local Producers
Vazgen Safaryan.

Reminding that by the same scheme Armenia imports gas from Iran and
exports electric energy, Vazgen Safaryan noted that if formerly Nairit
produced annually 15-20,000 tons of chloroprene rubber on the base
of acetylene, now on the base of butadiene it will produce about
30-35,000 tons. According to the Chairman of the Public Council's
Committee on Financial-economic and Budgetary Affairs and the Head
of the Union of Local Producers, 10,000 tons of the produced rubber
might be exported to Iran and the other part - to other countries.

In 2006 the Rhinoville Property Limited international company purchased
90% of the shares of the Nairit Plant CJSC. The other 10% belong to the
Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Armenia.

The Nairit Plant CJSC was established in 1940. On December 1 2008
the work of the Plant was stopped because of the financial crisis.

About 1,500 employees were dismissed. The employees of the Nairit
Plant are being paid the debts of their salaries by parts.

In 2013 the Russian Itera and Rosneft have been interested in the
Nairit Plant.

According to different data, the total debt of the Nairit Plant
makes about 120-130 million dollars, 20-25 million of which - to the
Armenian banks.