DARCHINYAN READY FOR DONAIRE: I WILL COME AND DEMOLISH HIM, I AM COMING TO DESTROY HIM

Fight News
Oct 31 2013

By Miguel Maravilla
Photo: Chris Farina/Top Rank

Former world champion Vic "The Raging Bull" Darchinyan (39-5-1, 28
KOs) of Armenia is eager and ready for his rematch against former
world champion Nonito "Filipino Flash" Donaire (31-2, 20 KOs).

Darchinyan will get his shot at redemption when he takes on Donaire
next Saturday November 9 the American Bank Center in Corpus Christy,
Texas as part of a big HBO Boxing After Dark tripleheader.

"This is an important fight for me. I am training good. I will be
in the best shape," Darchinyan promised when Fightnews.com caught up
with him at the Glendale Fight Club in Glendale, California. The 2000
Armenian Olympian turned pro shortly after the Olympics and launched
his pro career in Australia. He has been training in Glendale for
the last two months.

"Everything is good, I am very happy with my training. We have 9 more
days. This is the moment," Darchinyan said about his training camp.

He has been sparring with 2012 Mexican Olympian Oscar Valdez in
preparation for Donaire. "Sparring with that kid Oscar is very similar
to Donaire. I think he is faster than Donaire," Darchinyan said.

It was six years ago, when then undefeated Vic Darchinyan was
defending his IBF flyweight title for a seventh time against a
young and inexperienced challenger in Nonito Donaire. However a
monster left hook by Donaire to the jaw of Darchinyan floored him,
resulting in a fifth round knockout which received "Knockout" and
"Upset of the Year" honors.

"I didn't know who he was six years ago," said Darchinyan. "I made
him. No one ever heard of him. He was the number eight or nine
contender. Everyone knows if he didn't get me with the left hook,
I would knock him out. I was coming out for a big punch. Everyone
thinks he is a big deal."

Since the loss to Donaire, the "Raging Bull" moved up in weight then
went on to win another world title one year later when he knocked
out Dmitry Krilov for the IBF super flyweight title and three months
later became the unified super flyweight champion when he scored
another brutal knockout over Cristian Mijares winning the WBA & WBC
super flyweight titles. After conquering the super flyweight division
Darchinyan then moved up to participate in the Showtime Bantamweight
tournament in which he lost a close decision at the hands of Abner
Mares and then scored a technical decision win over former world
champion Yonnhy Perez.

"It was my first loss and after that I became undisputed champion
I proved to everyone that it was my mistake in the Donaire fight,"
Darchinyan explained.

The veteran hard hitting southpaw continued his run for a shot at
a world title but came up short in losing decisions to WBA super
bantamweight champion Anselmo Moreno in December of 2011 and Japan's
undefeated WBC bantamweight champion Shinsuke Yamanaka last year.

Darchinyan wasn't done yet, however, as his experience and toughness
was the difference when he won a dominating unanimous decision
over previously unbeaten prospect Luis Orlando Del Valle. After his
promotional contract with promoter Gary Shaw had expired after the
fight with Del Valle, the Armenian pondered his options and future
where he signed with Top Rank as well as managerial contract with
Frank Espinoza. Darchinyan is coming off a fourth round knockout over
Javier Gallo in his Top Rank debut in May.

"I talked to Frank because I know with Gary Shaw I had nothing going.

I would never fight Donaire. I became number one contender at 122 for
the WBC so I talked with Frank and signed with him. I know what he
is about. So I told Frank to please talk to Top Rank and put a fight
with Donaire," Darchinyan said. "I waited for this fight six years and
Gary Shaw couldn't put it, thanks to Top Rank they gave me a rematch."

Darchinyan-Donaire will be a ten round featherweight bout. Now just
over a week away from the rematch, Darchinyan is in the final phases
of his training camp as he is anxious to get back in the ring with
the man that handed him his first loss and knockout.

"I am still looking for the knockout. This time I won't be silly with
one punch. This time I will use my skill. I know he is scared and
chicken. I am coming to prove it. I have been in with him, I know how
scared he is of my punches. I will come and demolish him. I am coming
to destroy him. I made him. I am coming to break him," Darchinyan said.

"Mentally I am ready for this fight. I am coming to send him to
retirement. It is going to be a great fight. I will be ready. I am
coming to destroy him. I am coming to beat the 2012 Fighter of the
Year. I want to prove to everyone he is no one," Darchinyan concluded.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/darchinyan-ready-for-donaire-i-will-come-and-demolish-him-i-am-coming-to-destroy-him-229993


From: Baghdasarian